Title: Marketing Intern
Start/End Date: Immediately – August 2013
Schedule: 15-20 hours per week (Flexible)
Pay: Stipend or Course Credit
Location: Boston, MA
Invested Development is looking for a highly motivated marketing or communications student for research, blogging, brand management, and social media management assignments. Ideal candidates will have experience in these areas. Writing sample required. Graphic design experience a plus. Applicants should be comfortable working in a start-up environment with minimal resources and supervision.
The ID Marketing Intern will assist the ID Marketing Manager with managing the company’s online presence. The target markets are 1) social entrepreneurs and 2) impact investors. Familiarity and interest at least one of the key topics is preferred: alternative energy, mobile technology, agricultural technology, Sub-Saharan Africa, India, Latin America, impact investing, social enterprise, entrepreneurship.
- Write a “Weekly Review” blog post of one subset industry news
- Design and create infographics
- Post daily to Facebook
- Contribute to Twitter postings
- Participate in LinkedIn Discussion Group
- Occasionally distribute press releases and manage journalist follow up
- Contribute to research papers and research-driven blog posts
- Diligently monitor key industry blogs & articles for news and provide weekly headlines
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to or interest in one of ID’s key business areas
- Experience managing a blog and/or social media outlets for a brand
- Graphic design a plus
- Strong research and critical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented, punctual, and responsible
About Invested Development
Our mission is to reduce poverty in emerging markets through risk capital investments in the most innovative alternative energy and mobile technology startups.
To apply, please send 1) resume, 2) cover letter, and 3) writing sample to Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org