Title: Mobile Application Developer
Start/End Date: Immediately – November 2011
Schedule: Flexible/15-20 hours per week
Pay: Stipend/Transportation Expenses
Location: Boston, MA
Invested Development is looking for a skilled undergraduate/masters student or recent graduate with expertise in creating mobile applications targeting a variety of devices to join our team as a Mobile Application Developer.
The ideal application should have:
- Strong Java/JavaCard development skills
- Experience using SIM and USIM Application Toolkits and SyncML
- Experience performing design and source code level optimization
- Knowledge of setting up and managing cloud servers
- Working knowledge of SMS, USSD, and GPRS communication protocols (preferred)
- Knowledge of MySQL, socket development, SOAP / Web technologies (preferred)
- Good understanding of UI design
- A strong sense of ownership for code quality that follows best practices.
Applicants should also be comfortable working in a start-up environment with minimal resources and supervision. This is a great opportunity for a smart and ambitious leader who is ready to have a lasting impact on a growing enterprise.
Schedule is flexible and intern must be a self-starter that is comfortable working independently. The position provides a stipend and reimbursement for transportation expenses.
The ID Mobile Application Developer will take part in developing a new mobile phone platform that expands trusted transaction networks and makes everyday activities in emerging markets easier and more efficient. The Technology is designed fundamentally to identify potential common connections between seemingly unrelated individuals, and thus enable new trusted relationships to form for a variety of social and economic purposes.
The developer will be responsible for helping architect and build mobile applications that are optimized for performance and user experience, developing a common framework for future.
About Invested Development
We are a for-profit impact investment fund manager sourcing and creating the most impacting and innovative solutions to global poverty. Visit www.investeddevelopment.com to learn more.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Wendy Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org