The Safaricom AppWiz Challenge, a collaboration between Safaricom and Invested Development, is seeking judges and mentors. The Challenge was launched in May is designed to help Safaricom identify and nurture talent within the developer community. The participants will undergo training and mentorship throughout the incubation period as the objective of this challenge is to help youth successfully deploy their mobile applications in the market.
We are looking for experts in agriculture, energy, water, transportation, health, education, marketing, and access to finance to judge the submissions and act as mentors to guide the successful applicants. Learn more in our blog post: “Why We’re Running an Incubator with Safaricom.”
Expert participation would require the following commitment:
- Early July: Review 5 -6 applications, relevant to your area of expertise (this can be done remotely).
- 28 July: Judge the top 36 applicants in a Hackathon at the Safaricom Academy, Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Early August: Participate in the final selection of the top 18 teams in Nairobi, Kenya.
- August – October
- Weekly Wednesday evenings with guest speakers: held at the Safaricom Academy, Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya
- Participate in Tuesday or Thursday afternoon mentor session(s) to provide one-on-one guidance and input on your area of expertise.
Anyone interested in becoming a judge or mentor is encouraged to contact Sean Smith at email@example.com by 28 June, 2013.